Bots are already becoming an issue

• Sparx if you are Truly interested in stopping the bot wave, then please PM me or have one of your team arrange a conference. I can share over 15 years of experience with Aion, during which time I ran one of the only Ping/Lag reduction companies; Smoothping.

I have no desire to revisit GF Aion Classic, as NCSOFT did not manage the re-launch very well. I do wish though to pass on the observations and detection methods you could easily employ.

I can provide you with access to the mind of NA's most known guild masters (not myself) and the reasons why Classic failed in NA and disincentivised play from day 1.

If these 3 items are still outstanding, you will have issues.

1) Print Screen button make players un-targetable

2) No form of cheat protection. Game Guard or EAC, just have something

3) Unwillingness by GM's to use data captured on players cheating.

4) Recalcitrant action by Staff to ban bots.

Bots should not be able to run without near immediate inspection by a staff member after a report.

This aspect often tinges with a feeling that the gold farmers have disincentivize staff against prompt action.

I documented in a spreadsheet all of the bots on Aion Classic NA, with video recordings of each bot.

NA did not ban any of the accounts. Not a single one.

Please don't make the same mistakes that NA managed to do 15 years apart.

• :censored:

Many people who use robot software are still playing games

//please do not post videos or images of bot programms and players who are using it. Contact the support and post these information in a ticket - Sparx

• Gameforge could license an anti-hack add on like Active Anticheat which would kill off most bots and hackers.

That's always defeated on day 1, the best action is an active GM going around.

Nah, you would need a team of GMs doing that to cover hackers and bots. Not cost effective, it's far better to use a technology solution.

• Gameforge could license an anti-hack add on like Active Anticheat which would kill off most bots and hackers.

That's always defeated on day 1, the best action is an active GM going around.

Nah, you would need a team of GMs doing that to cover hackers and bots. Not cost effective, it's far better to use a technology solution.

They always have a way to bypass the detection. GM is necessary, and if they pay me, I can kick the robot's ass.lol.....

• Hello. I didn't find a suitable topic on the forum, I created a new topic here. There are a lot of bots running on the Tahabat server. Especially in Beluslan. I repeatedly pressed the report in the game on bots, but they continue to play. This is a big problem that breaks the economy in the game and creates a disbalance.

Edit by Isobel: There you are :)

Edited once, last by Isobel ().

• I've been playing aion for over 15yrs and i've never seen bot banned in western servers i think for 2 main reasons:

50% of users has a bot couse in 2023 only few people can spent 24h/day to farm a decent set

Also without bots people will pay something like 2-300k for a white manastone and 1-2M for a yellow one

I personally use to kill bots when i want some easy kills to complete abyss quest and i suggest all to do the same ;)

• Aion came out in 2009 so 15years it is not.

Siel in NA has rampant bots as a result everything costs a fortune.

Price go up because of all the kinah generated by merchanting drops.

That's why in February, Korea have now made it so the merchant will only pay you 1 kinah for a world drop.

• Has always been the best idea to just ruin the game for normal players so there are no bots. That just cant be the solution to the problem.

• a second playing devil advocate here,

In principle i agree that botting is gaining an unfair advantage, and further selling it to other players is only harming everyones fun and should be disallowed.

HOWEVER our economy is in a crisis. think about the supply of cash (kinah) for a second. while you can get rich by trading, there is only so much that the entire population has, and we can only increase the kinah supply through quests and selling drops.

THIS MEANS that without a large population working towards constantly increasing the kinah supply, every time we do a soul sickness healing or buy anything (including skills which are mandatory) we create a deficit.

Until the admins decide to do something to fix the economy, the only way we wont starve our characters (in terms of enchants, manastones, shards, potions, sickness) is to constantly spam quests, and it doesnt happen constnatly enough to cover for the increasing expenses.

The mechanism that is designed to eliminate bots, is what causes some players to not report bots, common sense implies that bots are actually good for one thing and one thing only. creating an large supply of currency, we kinda need that right now.

• I don't know why everyone insists this was done to fight bots, no publisher ever officially said that, only players' conjectures. The real reason in my opinion is to further capitalize on the p2w model.

• We need bots to gather the ressources we need
    • We need to create second accounts to bypass the vendor sell limit
    • We need to crawl around with five minutes of soulsickness due to fees
    • We need to spend time on sending proof of cheaters to gameforges support

I do not want to dive into each point individually, but such suggestions I keep reading are no solutions, merely workarounds. Workarounds can keep on going for a while, the time it takes until the issues are resolved properly, yet should never be left unattened for a longer period of time.

• Didn't candies cause kinah inflation at start? NA = a person walking with an open wound, as a starting point. I doubt all that candy kinah just sublimated. I read crying about empty broker on NA Ely side coz bots were rekt so no stones etc.. Every coin has two sides.

• SUGGESTION (to GAMEFORGE).

make an automatic CHATBAN for the websites the goldvendors use

warning the first time, and then 48hours for saying any of their website names automatically, automated response is a great way to fight automated attack

• SUGGESTION (to GAMEFORGE).

make an automatic CHATBAN for the websites the goldvendors use

warning the first time, and then 48hours for saying any of their website names automatically, automated response is a great way to fight automated attack

If you do a google search on Aion Chat Filter, the first link has instructions on how to install a filter that blocks kinah spammers.