Siel Pricing

• absurd pricing > no amount of regional discounts > no siel > sadly uninstall

I can rent a whole VPS with €3/month from very refutable companies e.g. but Gameforge ask a whopping €10 (which may be a wacky conversion in a bunch of countries) just to be able to use the BASE FUNCTIONS of a 15 year old game. No dice. I hope people get burned out quicker than they usually do this time. End rant; have fun.

• It's not Gameforge, it's NCSoft. And if you come from the poorest areas of the poorest EU countries (I believe the lowest European wage is 400€ a month), with all due respect, money and effort should be saved for a better life, not for playing games.

If 10€ a month is an issue, the actual issue lies somewhere else. Which may not be your fault, absolutely not, but it's very rare that a person cannot do anything at all to improve their own situation: that's where the effort should be focused to.

Good luck.

• no one will be sad that you can't play, there is thousands in queue. If you have personal problems you dont have to come here in forum and spread that negative for everyone.

• This game is in the west, therefore west prices for stuff. If you come here you will pay 10-20 euro for a pizza while it may cost 2-3 in your country, same situation.

• It's not Gameforge, it's NCSoft. And if you come from the poorest areas of the poorest EU countries (I believe the lowest European wage is 400€ a month), with all due respect, money and effort should be saved for a better life, not for playing games.

If 10€ a month is an issue, the actual issue lies somewhere else. Which may not be your fault, absolutely not, but it's very rare that a person cannot do anything at all to improve their own situation: that's where the effort should be focused to.

Good luck.

FULLY ARGREED

• no one will be sad that you can't play, there is thousands in queue. If you have personal problems you dont have to come here in forum and spread that negative for everyone.

totally agree - [...]. Then come play games.

Edit by Isobel: ouf of line

Edited once, last by Isobel ().

• In my country, 10 € is if you can find it - 2 lunch menus...even tho lately it is hard to find it under 7-8 €. So...if this feels "too much", than the problem is somewhere else :)

• Rather than Siel's there's other stuff with ridiculous prices, like 15 euro for a wardrobe slot, so you are paying twice for a skin, 15 for the skin and 15 for the slot = 30 euro.

• I don't get why some people keep saying "if 10€ is too much for you then don't play" or "10€ is nothing". As mentioned before, in some EU countries the minimum wage goes as low as ~400€, so yes 10€ is a lot. If you're getting paid like 3000€-4000€/month then congrats, obviously 10€ is pocket change for you.

Maybe just understand that your country's bubble isn't the reality for the whole EU. The price shouldn't be general, but rather adjusted at least a little bit based on country.

For me personally, 10€ is not an issue, but rather the fact that 10€ would give me 380(+10)=390 coins and Siel's Aura will cost 399 coins after it's no longer discounted. This means I would have to buy 15€ worth of coins instead of 10€, and that doesn't feel right to the point where I don't want to play because it feels done on purpose.

I also think the price on everything else in the shop and the pass itself (should be 10-15€ not 20€) is a tad too high, but oh well, I'm likely not even playing if I have to charge 10€+5€ just for Siel's Aura.

• I don't get why some people keep saying "if 10€ is too much for you then don't play" or "10€ is nothing". As mentioned before, in some EU countries the minimum wage goes as low as ~400€, so yes 10€ is a lot. If you're getting paid like 3000€-4000€/month then congrats, obviously 10€ is pocket change for you.

I get that, but you are buying goods/services from a country where manufacturing the goods or running the services you are buying, does not cost the same as in those countries with lower wages. Say a pizza costs 2-3 euros somewhere, you are not going to Germany and expect to pay the same.

For me personally, 10€ is not an issue, but rather the fact that 10€ would give me 380(+10)=390 coins and Siel's Aura will cost 399 coins after it's no longer discounted. This means I would have to buy 15€ worth of coins instead of 10€, and

That's exactly how p2w business model works in games these days, they adjust the prices carefully to force you to buy the next tier of coins. This is a little better in NA cause you are buying Siel directly with cash, $10, not through coins, and this is the reason in EU they made it a quna item, to abuse the coins system.

• I get that, but you are buying goods/services from a country where manufacturing the goods or running the services you are buying, does not cost the same as in those countries with lower wages. Say a pizza costs 2-3 euros somewhere, you are not going to Germany and expect to pay the same.

Understandable, but I also don't think Siel's Aura should cost like 1/10th of the normal cost in that 400€ salary country, as in, not a direct conversion. I think it should be something like 7€ instead of 10€. Because otherwise you're also losing money from potential customers.

Regardless, I highly doubt they'll change it.

• I get that, but you are buying goods/services from a country where manufacturing the goods or running the services you are buying, does not cost the same as in those countries with lower wages. Say a pizza costs 2-3 euros somewhere, you are not going to Germany and expect to pay the same.

Understandable, but I also don't think Siel's Aura should cost like 1/10th of the normal cost in that 400€ salary country, as in, not a direct conversion. I think it should be something like 7€ instead of 10€. Because otherwise you're also losing money from potential customers.

Regardless, I highly doubt they'll change it.

Now that I think about it, there was actually some regional pricing back in retail iirc, where you would get more coins for the same amount of money.

• Now that I think about it, there was actually some regional pricing back in retail iirc, where you would get more coins for the same amount of money.

Yeah but unfortunately people kept "flying" to Turkey and getting cheaper coins

• Now that I think about it, there was actually some regional pricing back in retail iirc, where you would get more coins for the same amount of money.

Yeah but unfortunately people kept "flying" to Turkey and getting cheaper coins

And then you had some website that sold Turkish Aion coins coupons for 33 Euro (2500 coins). Meanwhile for me the standard price was €100 For 2100 coins.

I get that, but you are buying goods/services from a country where manufacturing the goods or running the services you are buying, does not cost the same as in those countries with lower wages. Say a pizza costs 2-3 euros somewhere, you are not going to Germany and expect to pay the same.

For me personally, 10€ is not an issue, but rather the fact that 10€ would give me 380(+10)=390 coins and Siel's Aura will cost 399 coins after it's no longer discounted. This means I would have to buy 15€ worth of coins instead of 10€, and

That's exactly how p2w business model works in games these days, they adjust the prices carefully to force you to buy the next tier of coins. This is a little better in NA cause you are buying Siel directly with cash, $10, not through coins, and this is the reason in EU they made it a quna item, to abuse the coins system.

Manufacturing a siel subscription costs no money. Please.

• Obviously an example, running the servers/paying staff/taxes etc do cost money.

• i think the siels favour is fine.

the rest i am having issues with. the deava pass should be an additional 5€ or not exist at all. wardrobe slots should be free or be bought with kinah like cube and warehouse expensions. the skins on the shop should not cost more than 2€ each. while you can buy alot using kinah via broker and gifting, it just feels way overpriced and greedy.

also i disapprove of those different currencies ingame (coins and quna). just let me pay up straight for what i want without some annoying voucher/currency system. that is just a common baiting method.